- in “bite-sized pieces”
- from tens, hundreds, or thousands of people at once
EQUITY CROWDFUNDING IS A NEW AND EXCITING TYPE of crowdfunding that's being called today's Business Angel or Venture Capital investor. In equity crowdfunding, companies sell actual shares of their business to interested investors.
- Write out a description of your business, project, service or product idea.
- Show how much you expect your business to earn over time. Write this information up in the form of financial projections. Read up on venture capital funding to see how this is done.
- Decide how much money you need to raise, at what levels, and what sorts of shares you'll provide. For example, you could sell shares at $1,000 each, $5,000 each, or more.
- Study the various equity crowdfunding platforms by visiting their websites and see how they work, what types of projects they support, etc.
- Contact an equity crowdfunding platform to help you set up your money raising campaign.